Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Director
The primary role of this position is to support the marketing department in the positioning and overall marketing of the City Winery brand in the areas of music, culture, culinary, and private events.
Under the Marketing Director’s supervision, the Marketing Coordinator will contribute in the areas of PR, social media, and marketing (in that order).
With PR and social media as the heavy focus, this person will act as a liaison with media, assist in writing press releases, monitor media coverage, assemble media kits, write and design content, assist with events for the public and press, and develop social media content.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Drafts basic PR materials – to be approved by Marketing Director and/or GM – including news releases, fact sheets, meeting summaries, blog posts, and other materials as directed.
- Coordinates media inquiries, issues press releases, and secures coverage on approved and targeted outlets.
- Under Marketing Director’s guidance, researches, creates, and posts interesting and relevant information on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Track posts in social media spreadsheet.
- Represents, arranges, and attends City Winery events and press opportunities.
- Researches media opportunities and contacts and keeps press list current.
- Assists with creating and writing promotional concepts and copy points.
- Assists in compiling data for monthly marketing recaps.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships – develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Manages ticket giveaways and lower level marketing partnerships with targeted, like-minded organizations.
- Helps coordinate material distribution for philanthropic requests including gift-giving and auction requests.
- Proofreads copy for marketing materials such as ads, in-house collateral, and more.
- Collaborates with Operational team and Marketing Director to ensure City Winery in-house collateral is up-to-date and displayed.
- Works with interns to execute communicated assignments.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or Marketing
- 1+ years of PR and marketing experience (non-internship) required
- Strong social media skills
- Existing relationships with Atlanta media
- Strong writing and vocabulary skills, with a lively and engaging energy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Mac computers
- Detail-oriented with high level of organization
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite applications is a plus
- Experience with digital advertising is a plus
- Experience with live entertainment is a plus
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
Benefits of Working at City Winery
- Music, wine, and food!
- Family meal for dinner specially made by the Executive Chef
- Amazing discounts on our wine and food
- Being part of a growing company which now has 5 locations
- 401K, healthcare, dental, and vision contributions available
- Paid vacation
- Supplied work computer
The below should be sent to email@example.com
- Cover letter including 1) Your three desert island albums 2) Your favorite concert experience of all time and why 3) Links to two writing examples such as press releases, bios, articles/blog posts, etc.
- Salary Requirements